6 Jul 2009

The Fourth Plinth: Antony Gormley's live art project

Today, at 09.00, artist Antony Gormley's living art project "One and Other" began. For 100 days, the empty Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square in London will be occupied, hour by hour, by a different person who will each become a work of art. The chart is set for 9 a.m. on 6th July 2009, London.

I have a vested interest in this unusual art project as I applied to take part and have been randomly selected!













My hour of fame on the plinth will be on

Monday 3rd August from 3-4 p.m.

The chart for the start of this project shows a strong and somewhat dizzying vertical zig-zag of aspect patterns, indicating perhaps that this is all going on at a height! (8 metres ) .There's a Small Learning triangle and a Search figure in the chart. Jupiter conjunct Neptune on the DC are a part of the Learning triangle, which also involve s Uranus and Mars.

This aspect pattern raises questions about how this art project will be received by the public - it's innovative(Uranus), risky and experiential (Jupiter), art in one of its many forms (Neptune) it could be a learning curve for all who take part ( it feels like that to me as I ponder on what I shall be doing up there!), and it feeds into Mars conjunct Venus as the highest planets in the chart - a blend of male-female energies, the masculine and feminine - straddling the Signs of earthy Taurus and airy Gemini.

Both Sun (mind and will) and Saturn (physical form and fears) stand aside, joined only by a completely separate linear aspect. It's as if the "anything goes" switch is on, and ordinary people can step out of their normal safety zone and put their own creativity on a pedestal. . .or alternatively, just be themselves.

I shall be writing more about Fourth Plinth as my ideas about what I shall do up there evolve. I gather I can now call myself a "Plinther"! You can read my Plinth profile here.

Addendum:And here's the link to the article my local newspaper has written about me being on the Plinth!

No comments: